Subscribe with Bloglines
Get Firefox!

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

 

Google never ceases to amaze me!

Check out Google's new mapping site. The Google way seems to be "let's take an idea that lots of people have already implemented and do it 100 times better." And they do! Update: If you're interested in how Google does it, here is a nice description of the client side. As usual, lot's of fancy DHTML, Javascript and the like. It's the kind if thing I scream at people for doing on my projects...but hey, my guys aren't always the Google guys.

Comments:
Interface is nice, but the directions stink. I tried a couple of sample trips, and it gave me directions that noone in their right mind would use.
 
Yeah, well, it is still in beta. I think it's a good start. especially to use in conjunction with Google Local and reverse phone lookup.
 
Also, NS pointed out that for yellow pages searching, Amazon's A9 is very cool: http://a9.com/west%20side%20kollel

They actually drove a truck all around major cities taking pictures the whole way and storing them in a db along with the location coordinates.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?